Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reunion Mess

My thoughts

30 years of Independence and its a mess.

I have and continue to blame GREED.

The country looks like a bombsite about to hold a BBQ to raise funds to fix the bombsite.

A small group of people have manouvred themselves onto committees in order to reward themselves either directly or indirectly.

Thats not to say there are no genuine people working within them. But when you look at the mess these people have created running over themselves to get things done quickly and get paid, its no wonder.

One particular quasi government person and his private sector partner should be ashamed of themselves. Make your buck but dont create an eyesore every where you pass in order to corner the coin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I visited Dominica in June and September of 08 knowing that I would not visit Dominica for independence and creole festivities. As soon as I stepped into the airport, I realized that the country was ill-prepared and would not be able to accommodate the amount people that would be visiting the island.

The eye opener - how about a restroom only able to house two boom booms at a time; needless to say, I held out until I got somewhere that had a toilet.. What makes it worse.. there was no toilet paper.

I do love my country as I am a Dominican myself; but, what I don't understand is after all these years of being away, the country has not changed a bit.

TropicallyTied said...

But we have big screen TV on the bridge doh ;-)